Do you have a passion for using food, coffee and sharing life together around the table to see the Kingdom of God expanded in your community? Come and join us as we explore how these things can be used to see people encounter the love of God and communities impacted!
Throughout Jesus’ ministry, we see how he gathered people together around the table. Sometimes it was more conventional dinners eaten together in homes, or the more unique settings of gathering around a fire while he cooked breakfast on the beach, or multiplying loaves and fishes for thousands on the side of a hill. Sometimes he ate with his disciples, other times he ate with the least of the least, the broken and forgotten. In each of these instances, Jesus used gathering those He loved around a meal to show the table as a place of brokenness and givenness, of connection, grace, and blessing.
In using food and drink, He not only demonstrated the extravagance and abundance of His Father, but also the power of sharing a meal to bring connection and community.
Today, we see a generation craving that connection and we have experienced how as we invite people to gather, we enter more fully into the Kingdom of Heaven.
Alongside the core DTS curriculum, the heart of this DTS is to empower and equip students who have a passion for food, coffee, hospitality and sharing life together around the table. This school will offer you the opportunity to gain experience and learn skills in the following areas:
- Barista training – start learning the craft of making good coffee and the art of hospitality in a café setting
- Learn about street food – what does it look like to create community around food that is good, quick and accessible?
- The art of gathering people in your home – learn how we share the love of God with people through sharing our table with them.
- Discover more about biblical Hospitality
- Learn more about how different cultures experience food and embrace life around the table
- Learn alongside local chef Stephen Wilson, who has over twenty years experience working in Paris.
*Price Subject to change
Room, board and educational costs.
It does not include: - Visas or personal expenses such as toiletries, laundry, snacks and postage, etc. - Airfare, bus, and/or train tickets needed to get you to Tauranga. We provide airport pick-ups, however.
Outside of the classroom, course specific activity costs.
Food, accommodation and travel.
* Cost varies depending on the location you choose during lecture phase. It does not include visa costs as this varies per person.